Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Week of Firsts


This week was my first week not working full-time since the beginning of the school year and while it feels a bit strange not getting ready for work every morning I think I like it! It was so great to be able to 1) spend more time with Dylan 2) catch up on things around the house 3) get my lazy butt to the gym and 4) have a few playdates with friends and enjoy the gorgeous weather.
On Wednesday I took Dylan to his first dentist visit. While it was not "fit" free experience once we got past the initial cleaning he actually made quite a good impression on the dentist and was quite pleased with himself when he came home with a bag full of stickers, toys and a new Lightning McQueen toothbrush. I on the other hand was pleased to find out that he inherited Kevin's genes in the tooth/bite department. Maybe he will be spared the years of orthodontia that I went through....and we'll be spared the cost!
And finally on Friday Dylan had his first sucessful poop in the toilet. While he's been doing fantastic with his potty training we still had this feat to overcome. Thanks to some added fiber to his diet this week he finally earned his big Buzz Lightyear that we have been bribing him with for weeks. He was awfully proud of himself and I am hoping this will signal an end to diaper changing for good. Now it's time to have another one- Ha!

0 comments: