Yesterday my dear friend Marcy turned 30! She's the first one in our group of college girlfriends so it was a pretty big deal. Last week Kevin and I made some last minute plans to head down to Portland on Saturday to help her celebrate the occation. Marcy is about 4 1/2 months pregnant so she wasn't celebrating quite as much as some of the others (for example her husband, my husband, and our friend Chris) but I think she managed to have a good time despite the lack of alcohol consumption!
On Sunday Marcy and I headed to downtown Portland to pick out her birthday present. My girlfriends are starting a tradition for 30th birthdays since we have all been friends throughout the span of our twenties! We are pooling money together for each birthday girl and she gets a special birthday gift from Tiffany's to mark the milestone b-day. I was in charge of Marcy's gift and we made a shopping trip out of it! She ended up picking a fabulous sterling silver pendant/necklace that she absolutely loves. And to top it all off it is her first piece of jewelry from Tiffany's so it is extra special!
I'm so glad I was able to help her celebrate. She is such a special friend to me and I know we'll be friends for many decades to come!



0 comments:
Post a Comment